I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was for me, with a lot to be grateful for; health, home, family and friendships!
This coming week, the City brings upon us a few pretty large studies, as follows:
Monday, 11-28-2016 City Council meeting - discussion of the Sustainability and Climate Action Plan (S/CAP) Framework, Principles & Guidelines and review of the Draft Land Use & Community Design Element of the Comprehensive Plan Update Recommended by the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC)
- ~ 5:35pm S/CAP Staff report http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/civicax/filebank/documents/54865
- ~ 7:45pm Comprehensive Plan update by the CAC of the Land Use element staff report http://www.cityofpaloalto.org/civicax/filebank/documents/54761
At this meeting, the following is at stake:
- The current 50 foot height limit for buildings.
- Fry's site and South El Camino Real has been identified as locations which are locations focused for development. South El Camino is from Matadero Avenue to the south Palo Alto boundary at/near the Crown Plaza Cabana Hotel.
- Office/Research and Development annual limits. This ordinance was an emergency ordinance by the Council enacted in 2014 and must be continued in order to be able to address traffic safety and congestion, lack of parking, infrastructure, school quality, natural environment and what is not counter-productive sustainability.
Dear Friends and Neighbors
This victory is as much yours as it is mine. You were out there promoting me, you were out there waving the signs, you were out there opening your homes to host coffees and meet the candidate events, you were out there passing out my brochures, you were out there with me at Farmer’s Markets talking to people, YOU WERE OUT THERE with and for me.
Congratulations and thank you to all of you!
I am very proud of my campaign. I do not have the endorsements of Senators, Supervisors, Assembly members, the Mayor nor the various Democratic parties, I did not seek them. I did seek the Sierra Club endorsement and am honored to have received it because the values of that nonpartisan group so closely reflect mine. But most of all, I am proud because I have you, residents of Palo Alto’s endorsements. My goal has always been to make sure that residents have a meaningful seat at the table. I am honored and humbled by the trust you’ve placed in me to carry your voice.Read more
Election day is around the corner
Rather than give you paragraphs of "feel good" prose, let me directly address the four dimensions that many voters use in assessing candidates: credibility, competence, commitment and authenticity.
Credibility and Competence:
I am proud of my two prominent endorsements: One from the Palo Alto Weekly because it speaks to my experience with the breadth of issues facing the city and one from the Sierra Club because of the values it represents. I am even more proud of my important endorsements from the residents because that demonstrates their confidence that I will continue to represent them and prioritize their needs and interests.